For women, hair loss is on the rise. Historically, female pattern baldness has never been an issue. The majority of women had long flowing hair as long as they applied some common sense hygiene (washing regularly, combing often). But in the last two decades hair loss has become more and more common among women. There are a variety of reasons for this and it’s not that hard to turn this problem around.
So why are we losing our hair more and more? Here are the most common reasons:
- Hair analysis has shown women under increasing amounts of stress. Increased stress elevates cortisol levels in our bodies and one of the many bad side effects is hair loss.
- Thyroid and hormone imbalances have become more frequent. This also ties into our elevated levels of stress.
- Many women simply don’t know how to buy the right products for their hair.
- Most common shampoos are filled with sulfates. These sulfates do an incredible amount of damage to the hair. Sulfates are inexpensive industrial grade cleaners. While they may be ok to use on a regular basis they are NOT good to use on even a weekly basis.
- Hair product – We use oils, hair spray and hair dyes in our hair which do more damage than good. Often times we are trying to make our hair look thick, rich and fabulous which it can do all on it’s own without any product. We just have to learn how to repair it.
So How Do We Repair Our Hair? Well, it’s a three step process.
Step 1: Eat for Health and Vitality
- Eat Protein – Your hair grows and consumes protein. If you’re diet does not contain an adequate amount of protein your vital organs will suck protein from other parts of your body. A lack of protein leads to hair loss and muscle depletion in the body (which is very bad for your metabolism).
- Eat Healthy Fats – Focus on nuts, seeds and fish the most. The fat contained in these all natural sources of food are actually good for your hair, skin and heart! Surprisingly, there are fats that are good for you and fats that are bad for you. The fats that I just listed here will improve your health and your hairline.
- Take Hair Healthy Vitamins – Iron, Zinc and Vitamin C to just name a few. These are without a doubt the most important vitamins you need to ensure proper hair growth. You might also want to consider taking a pre-natal vitamin even if you’re not pregnant. Pre-natal vitamins contain all the nutrients your body needs to grow.\
Step 2: Care For Your Hair
- Rinse With Cold Water – We are amazed at the obsession with hot water in our society! Cold water is wonderful for your skin. Hot water damages the skin and robs it of oils and nutrients. It does the same to your hair. If you must take a hot shower so be it but definitely switch to colder water when it comes time to rinse your hair.
- Use Mira Hair Oil – Of course the best tip of all is to use our wonderful Mira Hair Oil product.
- Shampoo No More Than 2-3x A Week – Too much shampoo will damage your hair. For tens of thousands of years men and women did not have access to shampoo and simply rinsed their hair in the wild. Shampoo is meant to be used in moderation and will help you to have a clean and healthy scalp. Too much of anything eventually turns into a bad thing.
- Use Sulfate Free Shampoos – Sulfates are the worst thing in the world to use on your hair! Sulfates are the chemicals in your shampoo that lead to the lather. Unfortunately, the more lather there is the worse off your hair is. Combining sulfate rich shampoos with hot water also just makes the matter worse. Sulfates are meant for industrial cleaning and are often used to clean engines, cars and even dirty floors. They may be great for cleaning industrial items but they are often for preserving and protecting your hair. Using sulfates in your shampoo will lead to:
- Scalp Irritation
- Hair Loss
- Dry Hair Problems
- Split Ends
- Brittle Hair
Step 3: Restore and Replenish Your Hair
These two products – Apple Cider Vinegar and Coconut Oil will do a lot to help restore and replenish your hair:
- Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) Rinses: The best tip I can recommend is to use Apple Cider Vinegar to rinse your hair. Here’s a great video tutorial that walks you through it.
- Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) will not only help your hair grow faster but also kills dandruff, dry scalp and skin irritation on the scalp. We recommend using ACV only other week if you purchase Mira Hair Oil. It’s not really needed as often because of the ingredients inside mira hair oil. Also, wash your hair out with water once you’ve let the ACV sink in or it will have the smell of vinegar all day. There’s no point in having fabulous hair if it’s a bit stinky !
- Coconut Oil for Hair and Beauty: This stuff is amazing not only for skin but also for hair. It’s so high in anti-oxidants and is 100% safe and great for your hair.